Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas to All

Well, Christmas Came, and Christmas went.

And over all – it was a really good one!

I (very crazily) volunteered to come into the ER so that people with children could get ready for Santa’s coming last night. And for once, I think God decided that maybe just maybe we’d have a good night. The night was steady – but not busy. We had a couple sick people, but almost all were able to be sent home.

The staff were able to joke and laugh and remember that the reason we do this job is not for the pay, or the great hours (ok so that’s sarcasm) but for the people we take care of – even the slightly crazy ones!

7AM rolled around and guess what, I had made it through the night. I drove home and what to my wondering eyes did appear? But a Christmas tree surrounded by gifts – I guess Santa came after all, maybe I wasn’t such a bad kid afterall.

The rest of the morning was spent with family opening gifts and getting use to the new things – It was quite wonderful actually! Then graciously my family let me go get a couple hours sleep, and then I was awoken to come down for Christmas dinner.

More family and friends had arrived and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner of lasagna and other delicious foods. Great fun, and lots of laughing. And a little later – cousins arrived and we had a family Gift Exchange. All in all it was quite a wonderful Christmas.

So while Christmas is now officially over, I wish to you and your all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment